Deep NeuroEvolution at ACDL 2020!
Risto Miikkulainen is a Professor of Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin and AVP of Evolutionary Intelligence at Cognizant Technology Solutions. His current research focuses on methods and applications of neuroevolution, as well as neural network models of natural language processing and vision; he is an author of over 400 articles in these research areas.
Honors and Awards
- IEEE CIS Evolutionary Computation Pioneer Award, 2020
- Gabor Award, the International Neural Network Society, 2017
- Outstanding Paper of the Decade Award, International Society for Artificial Life, 2017.
- IEEE Fellow, 2016
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Distinguished Lecturer, 2015-2017.
- Deployed Application Award, AAAI/IAAI-2013, AAAI/IAAI-2018
- Best Paper Awards at GECCO-2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Best Paper Awards at CIG-2005, 2006, 2009, 2011
- BotPrize Award (Turing test for game bots), 2012
- Honorable mention, Ziskind-Somerfield Research Award, Society of Biological Psychiatry, 2012
- Winner, Annual Competition of Pseudo-Boolean SAT Solvers at SAT-2010 and SAT-2011
- Bronze Medal, Human Competitive Results Competition, GECCO-2005, GECCO-2017