ACDL 2020 – A Unique Experience:
Data Science & Machine Learning with the World’s Leaders
in the fascinating atmosphere of the ancient Certosa di Pontignano
Inside the antique cells, the lecture rooms and around the fascinating atmosphere of the ancient Certosa di Pontignano, Siena – Tuscany the world’s leading scientists and industry experts discuss scientific challenges with a highly selected number of participants in a unique setting, nestled within the most idyllic landscapes of Tuscany, in the outskirts of Siena.
For one intense week you will work alongside faculty that are undisputed leaders in their own field: the result is a profound experience that fosters professional and personal development.
In a proven, unique format you will be exposed to a high-impact learning experience, taking you outside the comfort zone of your own technical expertise, that will empower you with new analytical and strategic skills across areas of Big Data, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The 3rd Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning (ACDL) is a full-immersion five-day residential Course at the Certosa di Pontignano (Siena – Tuscany, Italy) on cutting-edge advances in Data Science and Machine Learning with lectures delivered by world-renowned experts. The Course provides a stimulating environment for academics, early career researches, Post-Docs, PhD students and industry leaders. Participants will also have the chance to present their results with oral talks or posters, and to interact with their peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
You will gain a heightened awareness for fields of data science and machine learning relevant for your activity and, perhaps most important, you will gain a place within an elite global network of data scientists and machine learning experts.
The Advanced Course is not a summer school suited only for younger scholars. Rather, a significant proportion of seasoned investigators are regularly present among the attendees, often senior faculty at their own institutions. The balanced audience that we strive to maintain in each Advanced Course greatly contributes to the development of intense cross-disciplinary debates among faculty and participants that typically address the most advanced and emerging areas of each topic.
Each faculty member presents lectures and discusses with the participants for one entire day. Such long interaction together with the small, exclusive Course size provides the uncommon opportunity to fully explore the expertise of each faculty, often through one-to-one mentoring. This is unparalleled and priceless.
The Course will involve a total of 36-40 hours of lectures, according to the academic system the final achievement will be equivalent to 8 ECTS points for the PhD Students and the Master Students attending the Course.
The Certosa di Pontignano provides the perfect setting to a relaxed yet intense learning atmosphere, with the stunning backdrop of the Tuscan landscapes. World-class wines and traditional foods will make the Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning the experience of a lifetime!
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Cognitive Computing
- Computational Cognitive Science
- Constraint-Based Approaches to Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Deep Learning
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- General Reinforcement Learning Algorithms
- Generative Adversarial Networks
- Machine Learning
- Probabilistic Generative Models
- Probabilistic Programming
- Reinforcement Learning
- Theory of Deep Learning
- Early Registration Deadline:
July 10 (extended).
- Oral/Poster Presentation Submission Deadline:
- Late Registration: from July 11.
- Accommodation Reservation at the Certosa di Pontignano: July 10.
- Notification of Decision for Oral/Poster Presentation: July 11.
- July 28, 2020 — ACDL 2020 Best Presentation Award
- July 12, 2020 — ACDL 2020 Poster
- July 5, 2020 — ACDL 2020 Program – Final Version
- July 3, 2020 — PyTorch Install
- July 2, 2020 — Presentations Guide
- July 2, 2020 — Zoom: for ACDL 2020 participants using remote connection
- June 17, 2020 — Re-open EU https://reopen.europa.eu/en/
- June 17, 2020 — Prof. Pierre Baldi’s Course
- June 15, 2020 — Certosa di Pontignano Accommodation Form
- June 14, 2020 — ACDL 2020 Program – Ver. 4.0
- June 11, 2020 — Social activities: Visit of the Certosa di Pontignano, Tour in the Tuscan Countryside and Wine Tasting
- June 9, 2020 — Register Now! The last remaining 15 seats!
- June 6, 2020 — New Lecturer: Prof. Guido Sanguinetti
- June 1, 2020 — Igor Babuschkin’s Lectures
- May 31, 2020 — Risto Miikkulainen’s Lectures